Memory Verse for Week One

Memory verse for week one Romans: "that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each others faith." Romans 1:12



Sunday, September 12, 2010

Uncovering the Ruins and Applying the Riches!

Well ladies, here we go.  This week I will begin considering Paul's ancient letter to the church in Rome.  I am wondering about the purposes of this letter and the events occurring in Rome as Paul wrote these amazing words which Martin Luther later called "the theology of the Cross".  I will be going to the Bible first as our primary source, and then exploring commentaries .  If you have a study Bible you may want to read through the introduction and outline.  You might even consider reading all 16 chapters of Romans just to get an overview, but even if you don't have time to read a word please join us next Sunday night as we begin this adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl-I am really excited to do this...I think that for now I will just have to follow your blog, maybe one day soon I can join the ladies at your house!! Corri

    ReplyDelete

Why study? Why meet together? Why blog?

"My goal is that they will be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have full confidence because they have complete understanding of God's secret plan, which is Christ Himself. In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:2-3